Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Team/ IPU 3-8
The Secondary Care, Age Independent, Non-Psychosis Team deliver services from localities in Coventry, North Warwickshire & Rugby and South Warwickshire. The multi-disciplinary Team accept referrals for adults from the age of 17years throughout the adult life span who meet the following criteria:
1) Age 17 or over requiring assessment or treatment for mental health conditions, including: Depression/re-current depression or anxiety that is more complex than IAPT will accept
2) Complex Trauma; Adjustment Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD);Personality Disorders; severe Anxiety Disorders and Eating Disorders.
3) Are registered with Coventry GP or have a Coventry post code, or have a commissioned arrangement in place.
4) Are covered by Section 75 agreement.
5) Where the primary need is for mental health interventions in situations where there is a dual diagnosis
Consultant Psychiatrist GP advice line
If you are in doubt about a referral or you wish for any other advice including about medication then call 02476 932420 (between 9.45a.m.-4.30p.m. Monday to Friday) * number updated April 2018
Consider suitability for patient to try self-management of difficulties – print out pdf for patient:
Make a referral
(For anxiety and depression consider alternative referral to IAPT in first instance – or recommend patients to self-refer to IAPT)
By phone directly on 0300 200 0011 option 1 (24hrs/7days p.w.)
Please see right for mental health referral form and send by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful helplines for patients:
Mental Health Matters (24hrs) 0800 616 171 or from mobile 0300 330 5487
Samaritans support line: 116 123 from any phone