In 2017, CAMHS partnered up with Coventry and Warwickshire Mind to transform emotional well-being and mental health services for children and young people in Coventry and Warwickshire.
RISE seeks to work closely with schools, voluntary community services, Social Care and Primary Care to increase support for children and young people where needed.
In Warwickshire there are 5 community hubs, where families can access information, guidance and speak to a mental health colleague.
RISE Key aims:
- Support children and young people aged 0-25 in a way that matters to them
- Have increased emphasis on prevention and early intervention
- Focus on building resilience
- Be integrated in our working, especially with schools
- Systemically work with families and the child’s network
- Support in partnership with the system complex and vulnerable children.
- Help Children and our Young People bounce back when things get tough
- Make getting help really easy- our vision of ‘No door being the wrong door’
- Support the whole family – not just the child
- Go the extra mile to reach out to those who need us most
Services that integrated to form Rise are:
- Specialist Mental Health Services (formally known as CAMHS)
- Eating Disorders (Coventry only)
- CAMHS Looked After Children (LAC) (Coventry only)
- Neurodevelopment (conditions such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder)
- Primary Mental Health
- Reach (formerly delivered by CW Mind) Reach is a community based children and young people’s service for 5-18 year olds delivered by Mind and Relate offering a range of services and self help tools supporting children and young people to manage their emotional well-being.
Referrals accepted only from professionals who are involved with or working with the young person and/or family, e.g. GPs, Schools, Social Care, School nurses, Health visitors.
Complete referral form (see link right)
Speak to the Navigation Hub on 0300 200 2021 if further advice, questions or guidance is required or follow link to RISE Website
Fax: 024 7696 1579
or send to:
Stoney Stanton Road
Coventry CV1 4FS
CAMHS Acute Liaison Team
See download right for contact information
The service is provided for those aged up to 17 years of age.
For those both known and not known to CAMHS service between the ages of 16 – 17 years this may include the addition of the AMHAT teams supporting the assessment, who present to the acute hospital setting.
ALT working hours Monday to Friday 0900 – 2000,
For GPs this is an advice service ONLY, when you have a young person presenting to your practice with significant mental health related issues, e.g. Overdose, Self-Harm, Psychosis they will be able to signpost you to the appropriate intervention whether that is a referral to the Nav Hub or hospital A&E.
Further advice can be sort via the Clinicians at the Navigation hub (SPE) 0300 200 2021 0900-1700 Mon-Fri
Locations: across Coventry and Warwickshire
For more information about other venues Rise works out of, please contact us.
City of Coventry Health Centre
Stoney Stanton Road
Telephone: 024 7696 1368
Fax: 024 7696 1409
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind, Children and Young People’s Centre
141 Far Gosford St
Telephone: 024 7663 1835
Journey – Coventry and Warwickshire Mind Information Bus
(Out and about across Coventry and Warwickshire)
Telephone: 024 7664 1799
Fax: 024 7632 0305
(Sat Nav postcode: CV21 2NP)
Telephone: 01788 513733
Fax: 01788 513735
83 Radford Road
Telephone: 01926 881 640
Fax: 01926 435 207
Building 1, Floor 2
Telephone: 01789 414 643
Fax: 01789 417 129
Ratcliffe Centre Community Hub
Escape Arts Community Hub
Online Resources for Families
- Young Minds – For children and young people
- Finding my nearest Relate service
- Helpful Books
- Helpful Information Packs
- Helpful Parenting Programmes in Warwickshire
- Helpful Parenting Programmes in Coventry
- FREE online parenting guides
- Coventry Family Information Directory
- Coventry Leisure Activities Directory for 12-19 year olds
- Coventry Positive Parenting Programme
Adult Mental Health
It is really important that families look after their own mental health. Sometimes when a child or young person experiences mental illness it can have an impact on the people caring for them. Children and young people will often look up to their parents/carers and if they see them managing their own mental health it may encourage them to do the same.
Some of the websites below may be useful:
- Mental Health Foundation
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Books on Prescription for Warwickshire
- NHS Mental Health Page
- NHS App Page
- Sam app
About the work of the hospital-based Acute Liaison Team ALT (UHCW & Warwick)
See below a practical guide for A&E and Paediatric wards about whom to contact when, about what types of issue when a child with mental health problems/self- harm attends a general hospital (UHCW or Warwick)
ALT: Acute Liaison Team (for self-harm/suicidal thoughts presentations only).
Working hours 9am-8pm Mon, Tue, Thurs & Fri – referral cut-off time 4pm.
Wednesday hours 9am-5pm – referral cut-off time 11am.
Navigation Hub: Single Point of Entry
NB: an equivalent same day assessment of young people presenting with self-harm/suicidal thoughts is not available outside of the above hours – such young people should be assessed and admitted by the Paediatric team. The Paediatric doctors can contact the bleep holder at Caludon/St Michael’s if urgent advice is required.
|Indication||Time range||location||Who to contact||Who is likely to see the patient or advise on process|
|Paediatric wards||Navigation Hub||ALT|
|8pm – 9am
|A&E||Paediatric Team – admit young person to paediatric ward overnight||Paediatric team. Paediatric team will refer to ALT through the Navigation Hub the following morning.|
|Paediatric wards||Any initial risk assessment to be undertaken by paediatric team.||Bleep holder at Caludon/ St Michael’s hospital Junior Doctor able to seek advice from Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist on call if urgent.|
|Other acute psychiatric presentations, e.g. psychotic symptoms +/- self harm and/or suicidal thoughts||9am-5pm||A&E||Navigation Hub||ALT Psychiatrist (Monday – Friday)|
|Paediatric wards||Navigation Hub||ALT Psychiatrist (Monday – Friday)|
|5pm-9am||A&E||contact bleep holder at Caludon/ St Michael’s hospital||Bleep holder at Caludon/ St Michael’s hospital Junior Doctor able to seek advice from Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist on call if urgent.|
|Paediatric wards||contact bleep holder at Caludon/ St Michael’s hospital||Bleep holder at Caludon/ St Michael’s hospital Junior Doctor able to seek advice from Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist on call if urgent.|