About the COVID Oximetry@home (Virtual Ward)
CCG commissioned South Warwickshire GP Federation and Coventry & Rugby GP Alliance partnership providing the COVID Oximetry@home (Virtual Ward) from 30th December 2020 through to 31st March 2021.
This service is for patients registered with a Coventry & Warwickshire GP
- A “virtual ward” to which patients with suspected / proven COVID19 who are not unwell enough to need admission
- Patients will usually be monitored by the COVID Oximetry@home (Virtual Ward) for 14 days and longer as necessary.
- Patients supported by a clinical team to report symptoms and act upon any deterioration.
- Care Coordinator available 24/7.
- Daily virtual ward round by a GP.
- Patients will be admitted by GPs, EDs, Hot Hubs etc who fit the criteria below
- The Care coordinator will speak with each admission to describe the service, what to expect and next steps.
- Practices have been given a supply of pulse oximeters for patients to be used for this service.
- If practices run out of pulse oximeters the COVID Oximetry@home can arrange for the delivery/collection of a pulse oximeter.
- The patients will record their observations onto a diary 3 times a day.
- The patient will be told what to do if they deteriorate.
- The Care Coordinator will text/call the patient each day to receive the results.
Not all patients with suspected/confirmed COVID-19 will need to be admitted to the Virtual Ward. Those identified as suitable will be admitted in line with the following criteria:
- Positive or clinically COVID ≥ 65 years or
- Positive or clinically COVID and clinically vulnerable/shielding:
Mental Health Disorder
See below flowchart to support decision making for COVID-19 patients.
Click on image below for larger version if needed
Referral can be made in 3 ways:
2) Email completed COVID Oximetry@home admission form – Click on form below or on referral form link right for document –email@example.com
3) Phone referral Tel: 07881 359254
Also Provide the patient with: