PGDs allow specified health care professionals to supply and/or administer a medicine directly to a patient with an identified clinical condition without the need for a prescription or an instruction from a prescriber.
The health care professional working within the PGD is responsible for assessing that the patient fits the criteria set out in the PGD
- Seasonal and other types of vaccination.
- For groups of patients who have not previously presented to e.g. minor injury units and other first contact services.
- In well established services where assessment and treatment follows a clearly predictable pattern (e.g. NHS immunisation clinics and contraception and sexual health services).
As always previous versions should be archived and retained as per NHS records policy and the attached should be read, understood and signed by all users and counter-signed on behalf of the practice.
If you have any questions about the PGD content or this process please contact the Screening and Immunisation Team, NHS England and NHS Improvement – Midlands, responsible for your area.
NHS England and NHS Improvement Midlands PGD Page
Note: DTaPIPV and TdIPV PGDs
DTaPIPV (valid from 1st December 2021)
TdIPV (valid from 1st November 2021)
West (Shropshire, Staffordshire, Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Herefordshire, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton & Worcestershire) firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Green Book has the latest information on vaccines and vaccination procedures, for vaccine preventable infectious diseases in the UK
- Annual flu programme
- Vaccine update is a newsletter for health professionals and immunisation practitioners
- One-page summary guidance for vaccination of individuals with uncertain or incomplete immunisation status
- Travel vaccinations: NatHNac, the National Travel Health Network & Centre, a UK government organisation which produces travel health guidance
- Vaccine SPC
- Guidance on responding to vaccine incidents, for vaccine specialists
- Complete routine immunisation schedule
- Vaccine uptake guidance the latest coverage data