Integrated Sexual Health Service (Coventry) Contact: 0300 020 0027
The Integrated Sexual Health Service can help with care and advice on STIs and contraception in Coventry.
Information regarding sexual health services in Warwickshire can be found at: www.sexualhealthwarwickshire.nhs.uk
All services are completely free and confidential, including for under 16s. Services offered include clinic based appointments and drop in, outreach services out in the community and fully comprehensive HIV care.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing
- Chlamydia testing
- Contraception (pills, implants, coils etc.)
- Emergency contraception
- Free condoms
- Pregnancy testing
- HIV care
- Psychosexual counselling
- General sexual health advice
Integrated Sexual Health offer both drop-in and booked appointments.
Booked appointments last 2-3 hours depending on the type of appointment.
Drop-in appointments last 1-3 hours depending on clinic demand.
Fast Track Clinic offers booked and drop in appointments for patients with no symptoms or concerns, but provides no examination – a self-taken swab/urine sample is completed for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, and blood tests are completed for HIV and Syphillis.
Please note: waiting time can vary between 30 minutes to 2 hours. If patients do not wish to have a blood test, they can complete a ‘Drop Off’ Fast Track and complete a self-taken swab/urine sample for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea only but will not see a clinician.
Monday to Friday
- Sexual Health: Booked appointments and drop-in clinics
- Contraception: Booked appointments and drop-in clinics
- Fast track screening/peace of mind screen: For patients with no symptoms
- Contraception: Booked appointments and drop-in clinic
- Fast track screening/peace of mind screen: For patients with no symptoms and for those who require sexual health advice
Please note: The Saturday drop-in clinic is for patients with no symptoms and / or contraception only. The last booked appointment will be 40 minutes before the end of clinic. For urgent symptoms* self-refer to the Walk-In Clinic. If you are concerned you have come into contact with HIV, please visit A&E out of hours.
(*Urgent symptoms include: acute abdominal pain, testicular pain, genital sores or blisters.)
Please note: the Sunday service is available on the 2nd floor of City of Coventry Health Centre. It is available on alternate Sundays, for booked contraception appointments only.
Drop-in Clinic Times
Please note: this is a triaged service based on need and patients may not be seen the same day. Under 16s can attend clinics without parental consent but speaking with a parent is advised before attending.
|8.30am -11.00am||8.30am – 11.00am||8.30am -11.00am||8.30am – 11.00am||8.30am – 11.00am||10.00am – 3.00pm|
|1.30pm – 3.30pm||12.30pm – 2.30pm||1.00pm – 3.00pm||1.30pm – 3.30pm||12.30pm – 2.30pm|
|4.00pm – 6.00pm|
Booked Appointment Times
Please note: some services may be limited at evening and weekends.
|9.00am – 11.30am||9.00am – 11.30am||9.00am – 11.30am||9.00am – 11.30am||9.00am – 11.30am||10.00am – 3.00pm||10.00am – 3.00pm|
|1.30pm – 4.00pm||12.30pm – 3.00pm||1.00pm – 3.30pm||1.30pm – 4.00pm||12.30pm – 3.00pm|
|5.00pm – 7.30pm||4.00pm – 6.30pm||4.00pm – 5.30pm||5.00pm – 7.30pm|
On-Line Appointment Booking
Patients can book an appointment on-line for STI testing and / or contraception services.
The patient creates a personal registered account with ISH that allows direct booking.
Online booking is not appropriate for urgent situations.
To ensure booking the correct appointment, please answer the question below:
1) Do you need emergency contraception or the morning after pill?
YES: Call 0300 020 0027. You can also attend an ASC Pharmacy – follow link.
NO: see next question.
2) Have you been sexually assaulted?
YES: There are a range of services that can help you. If you are not sure what to do then contact the Blue Sky Centre.
NO: Please answer the next question.
3) Are you concerned that you have been exposed to HIV in the last 72 hours?
YES: Call 0300 020 0027. Out of hours please attend local accident and emergency service.
NO: Book an appointment in clinic.
Informative website giving advice about relationships, sex, drugs and alcohol.
Free and confidential Chlamydia screening and treatment is available for under 25’s in Coventry.
A postal kit can be ordered via Free Test Me.
Chlamydia testing and C Card services are also available through:
- School Nursing services
- GP surgeries
- Designated parmacies
The C-card offers free condoms and chlamydia screening for anyone in Coventry age 13 to 25.
For information and to register for a card click here or tel 024 7683 3229
Terence Higgins Trust (Midlands) 10 Manor Road, Coventry CV1 2LH. Tel 024 7622 9292.
The Terence Higgins Trust also runs a support service in Coventry for male and female sex workers.
HIV/AIDS information and help-line Terence Higgins Trust click here
Rape & Sexual Abuse
Important: Sexual Assault Advice
Police tel 999 (emergency) or 101 (non-emergency).
Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (CRASAC): tel 024 7627 7777 click here (victims can remove the site from their browser history)
Nuneaton Sexual Assault Referral Centre (Blue Sky Centre, George Eliot Hospital) tel 024 7686 5505 click here
Lost IUD/IUS threads
Attached is the patient pathway for management of absent IUD/IUS threads. If threads are absent, we recommend that the patient is re-examined approximately 1-2 weeks later, before referral to Ultrasound / DUC (Diagnostic Ultrasound Coventry at Holbrooks) to confirm positioning.
Once the USS confirms position in utero, you may refer to CAS (menorrhagia management) via ‘Choose and Book’ or Integrated Sexual Health Service (contraception) on 0300 020 0027.
As well as its work on HIV/AIDS, the Terence Higgins Trust runs a support service in Coventry for male and female sex workers. Main office in Birmingham 0121 694 6440. HIV/AIDS information and help-line Terence Higgins Trust (Midlands) 10 Manor Road, Coventry CV1 2LH. Tel 024 7622 9292.
Unplanned pregnancies & terminations
General Sexual Advice
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) help
- Honest advice about contraception, pregnancy, STIs and pleasure
- FPA the Sexual Health Charity offering help, advice and information for you
- Be Savvy: Relationship & Sexual Health Advice for Young People and their Parent, in Coventry
- Respect Yourself: Relationship & Sexual Health Advice for Young People and their Parent, in Warwickshire
- Leaflet Library (Coventry & Warwickshire Paretnership Trust)
- Chlamydia Screening Programme: Free Test Me
- Relationships, Sexual Health Advice for Young People: Besavvy
- Sexual Health Advice and Services for Young People in Warwickshire: Respect Yourself
- Free self-sampling HIV test kits – test.hiv
- Protect against STIs – Use a condom – Public Health Advice
- ASC pharmacies
- Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre