One Body One Life
One Body One Life (OBOL) is a free 8-10 week programme to help you and your family make real changes to your eating and exercise habits, to be fitter, healthier and more active.
What do you get?
- FREE 8-10 week programme tailored to your needs.
- FREE health checks so you can see the changes.
- Advice and support from qualified coaches.
- Healthy eating workshops.
- Fun physical activity sessions.
- Healthy eating tips.
What’s in it for you?
- Spend quality time as a family.
- Gain new skills to be fitter and healthier.
- Free 8-10 week healthy eating and physical activity programme for children aged 2 to 4 years and their parents or carers.
- Designed to offer a friendly and creative environment to learn about healthy eating and active play.
Types of OBOL Programmes
This programme is currently delivered in children’s centres, community venues and school nurseries across Coventry.
Free 8-10 week healthy eating and physical activity programme for children aged 2 to 4 years and their parents or carers. Designed to offer a friendly and creative environment to learn about healthy eating and active play.
Free 8-10 week programme for families, designed to help you and your child choose healthier foods and spend more time together having fun and being active. Children must attend with a parent.
This programme is currently delivered in primary schools, sports centres and community venues across Coventry.
Age 14+ exercise session
Tuesday’s 5:30 – 6:30pm at Sidney Stringer School. This session is designed for ages 14+ who are looking at becoming more active, or trying to keep themselves active. Health checks and Support and advice on Physical Activity can be offered also.
Exercise class for Adults with Learning Disabilities
We deliver a fun, physical activity session every Tuesday 1:30pm – 2:30pm. This class is suitable for all adults with a mild/moderate learning disability. The class takes place at Coventry Sports Centre, Fairfax Street, 2nd floor, studio 1. Please call us for more information or just turn up on the day. Carers and Support networks are welcome. a
- Bump and Buggy Workout is an indoor/outdoor circuit mix of power walking and toning exercises and fun games to improve fitness, posture, coordination and strengthen core muscles – Bring your baby with you in the buggy!
- Start or Stay Active during and after pregnancy and Chat to other mums and mums to be. Suitable for any level of fitness
- Cost: £2.50 pay as you go
- Every Monday and Wednesday, 10:30am-11:30am at the War Memorial Park, Meeting Point is at the Visitors Centre.
Please contact Be Active Be Healthy Team
Adult Lifestyle Services www.hlscoventry.org (coordinated by ICE in Coventry)
The new Coventry integrated healthy lifestyles service (April 2018) incorporates support and advice for all of the following as part of one integrated service:
- NHS Health Checks
- Stop smoking
- Weight management
- Alcohol reduction
- Physical activity
Referrals: See referral form
Referral email: icecreatesltd.hlscoventry.nhs.net.