The Myton Hospices believe that everyone matters for every single moment of their life, focusing on enhancing life when cure is no longer an option
“We are leaders in compassionate end of life care; our work centres on patient wellbeing and involving them in decisions about their care. Perhaps most importantly we give our patients more quality time with their loved ones”
Coventry Myton HospiceClifford Bridge Rd, CoventryWest Midlands, CV2 2HJ Tel: 02476 841 900
Rugby Myton HospiceBarby Rd, RugbyWarwickshire, CV22 5PY Tel:01788 550 085
Warwick Myton HospiceThe Myton Hospice, Myton LnWarwick, CV34 6PX Tel: 01926 492 518
Please note only healthcare professionals can make referrals, with the exception of Rugby Myton Day Hospice only.
If you would like to self-refer, or refer a loved one, to Rugby Myton Day Hospice only contact on 01788 550085.
With MRC Dyspnoea grading of 3 or more:
- Walks slower than others on level ground because of breathlessness, or has to stop for breath when walking at own pace
- Stops for breath after walking about 100m or after a few minutes on level ground 3
- Too breathless to leave the house, or breathless when dressing or undressing
- Improve participants’ confidence in managing their breathlessness and fatigue
- Reduce the frustration when breathlessness and fatigue limit function and ability
- Develop understanding of the benefits of exercise
- Increase participants’ confidence and resilience, helping to avoid unnecessary hospital admissions
About the service
- Day Hospice at Coventry Myton Hospice on Tuesday mornings (10.30am – 12.30pm)
- Six-week course; participants can attend the first session with a partner or carer if they wish, the remaining five weeks are for participants only
- Involves small groups of participants (up to 10)Multi-disciplinary team from Myton and the Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust (CWPT), and includes a Physiotherapist, an Occupational Therapist, a Senior Nurse and a Consultant
Based at Warwick Myton Hospice for patients of Coventry, Rugby and South Warwickshire.
For management of lymphoedema secondary to cancer and/or its treatment, with the aim of reducing and relieving symptoms of lymphoedema.
The swelling can affect arms, legs, body, head or genitals, and may cause heaviness, pain, tightness, loss of function, dry/hardened skin and make the patient more susceptible to episodes of cellulitis (inflammation of the tissues).
For more information please call 01926 838 806 or email Lymphoedema.firstname.lastname@example.org
Children & Teen Support
When children and young people are living with someone who is very ill or when someone special dies they may feel lonely, angry, confused, guilty, sad or isolated.
- One-to-one counselling
- Help support and educate the parent/carer on how they can help support their child/ren through this difficult time
- Rainbow Ripples and MyTeens support groups
Rainbow Ripples (aged 5-12 years)
- Weekend workshops for recently bereaved children between the ages 5 – 12 years old, held in a local school in Warwick over a Saturday and Sunday.
- Hospice staff and trained volunteers run the group. You can meet other people of similar age and in a similar situation and, if you want, you can talk to them about what has happened.
- Creative activities / games
- Time to be with and talk with other children who are experiencing the same situation, with hospice staff and trained facilitators
- MyTeens Group (aged 12-18 years)
- Activities, e.g. laser quest, wall climbing, bowling etc.
Information for adults
- As a parent / carer you can come along with your child on the Sunday of the Rainbow Ripples workshop (separate group to the children).
- Sunday morning provides an opportunity to meet the team, see the progress your child has made and meet other parents/carers who themselves are adjusting to a different way of life as a family.
- Parents/carers who attend have formed their own support group, they offer support and an invite to a pub lunch to newcomers.
- The main carer of the children must give their consent for them to attend. Rainbow Ripples and MyTeens are completely FREE.
Contact the Counselling Department on Tel: 01926 838 820 or write to: Myton Counselling Department, Myton Lane, Warwick CV34 6PX