Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (CRASAC)
Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (CRASAC) offers free and confidential support and information to anyone from the age of 5 who has been affected by sexual violence, no matter when or how it happened. CRASAC also provide support to parents, partners, supporters and professionals.
CRASAC provide a confidential helpline, crisis and advocacy support and counselling services to men, women and children, as well as those who are supporting someone who has experienced rape or sexual abuse.
Eligibility is as follows:
- Adult counselling can be accessed by any survivor or supporter (e.g. partner or carer) aged 18 or over
- Children and young people’s counselling can be accessed by people of any gender aged 5-18.
- Crisis and advocacy support can be accessed by people of any gender aged 11 years and over.
Self-referrals are encouraged and can be made through CRASAC’s helpline (02476 27777) which is open Monday to Friday 10am – 2pm, Monday and Thursday evenings 6pm – 8pm and has a 24 hour answerphone facility. The can also be made via email to email@example.com.
Professionals can also refer into the service but it is recommended that:
- You have spoken to the person about CRASAC and who they are
- They are aware that you are making the referrals and why
- You have their permission to contact CRASAC and for CRASAC to contact them directly.
Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) – Blue Sky Centre
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) is a single location where any victim of Rape or Serious Assault will receive medical care, intervention (if you choose to report the crime) and various other support services.
Please visit the Warwickshire Health and Wellbeing Portal for more information on the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC).