Act on Energy
Do you support families at risk of fuel poverty?
Are you in contact with residents who are struggling to pay their energy bills due to job losses, reduced pay or higher usage?
Act on Energy provides FREE support to any resident living in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham & the wider West Midlands.
- A specialist helpline for residents or professionals, offering support and advice on keeping warm and ways to help reduce your energy bills: 0800 988 2881
- Support with reading and understanding fuel bills and switching energy supplier
- Support for accessing funding for emergency heating replacements (subject to eligibility)
- Home visits to support the most vulnerable households – these may be booked in for the future or carried out remotely
- Heat4Health project to strengthen the pathway between Health services and Act on Energy and to raise awareness with professionals and residents of the health implications of living in a cold and damp home
We also offer free awareness training for professionals and community groups.
WHAT HEAT4HEALTH CAN OFFER
• Home visits, phone or virtual consultations
• Speaking with energy supplier on residents behalf
• Practical support and guidance with installing low cost energy saving measures within the home
• Helping residents feel in control of fuel costs and consumption
• Referrals for grants and funding which may be available
Many of the households we visit often have other health or financial problems. Our advisors can identify these issues and refer to other agencies for support, such as income maximisation, Age UK, the district council, and the fire service.
Contact act on energy directly on 0800 988 2881 or reach out to your your local Outreach worker for more information or if you are a Care/ service provider working on the front line to make a referral (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) closed bank holidays.
- Sandy – 07458306299
North Warwickshire & Coventry
- Mandy – 07458306300
North Worcestershire & Solihull
- Alvynne – 07458306298
South Warwickshire & South Worcestershire
To make a referral:
Telephone 0800 988 2881 or complete the Enquiry Form online.