Community Dermatology Clinics
All community based dermatological issues can appropriately be referred via Choose & Book or by using the Specialist Nurse Led Clinic referral form.
Do not refer patients with suspected cancer or pre-cancer to this service.
The community dermatology service is provided by two GP’s with a specialist interest in Dermatology and one specialist nurse.
The service is available to patients registered with a Coventry GP and is provided by UHCW.
First floor of City of Coventry Health Centre
2 Stoney Stanton Road,
UHCW contact details: Tel 024 76964233.
Patients with viral warts MUST undertake a period of self-treatment prior to referral.
Warts must be of a size or location sufficient to cause a significant functional problem (See CRCCG Aesthetic Policy)
Patient must be available for a planned course of treatment.
Ano-genital warts are managed by Integrated Sexual Health Services – click for link
GPwSI and Nurse Led Dermatology Minor Op Clinics
Monthly minor ops clinics are held within a designated minor ops suite.
Procedures carried out include:
- Shave excisions,
- Punch biopsies,
- Incisions and excisions.
GPwsi Dermatology Clinics
Close working with community and secondary care providers to deliver fully integrated care:
- Minor surgery for diagnostic purposes
- Cryotherapy for benign and pre-malignant conditions
- Dermatoscopy to diagnose unsuspected cancerous lesions
- Diagnostic procedures such as skin scrapings , swabbing for suspected bacterial and viral infections
- Acne treatment
- Education on how to manage chronic, lifelong skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Seamless integrated pathways to Secondary Care
- Low follow up rates
- Up to 90% of presentations managed entirely within Primary Care
Specialist Nurse Led Clinics
Community Nurse Led Service managed by a dermatology specialist nurse with many years of dermatology experience working closely with primary and secondary care offers:
- Home visits for patients who are house bound
- Cryotherapy for benign lesions
- Skin Scrapings for diagnostic purposes
- Minor Surgery for benign lesions
- Individual Patient Management plans for conditions such as eczema and psoriasis ( all types of eczema including: atopic, varicose, seborrhoeic, contact and hand eczemas)
- Education and advice on the management and treatment of life long chronic skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Advice and education on wet wrapping for paediatrics and adults
- Education on the use and safe management of topical steroid use
- Teaching packages to GP practices and other members of the multi-disciplinary teams on dermatology