Single point of access: 02475189190
Family Health & Lifestyles Service
The new Family Health and Lifestyles Service replaces previous provision in Coventry.
Commissioned by Public Health and delivered by South Warwickshire Foundation Trust providing:
- Health Visiting – leading the Healthy Child Programme from pregnancy to age five. Follow link
- Infant Feeding – a specialist team to encourage mothers to breastfeed and provide expert guidance on infant nutrition.
- Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) – a specially trained team who provide intensive home-visiting to vulnerable mums (e.g. mums under the age of 19). Follow link
- School Nursing – leading the Healthy Child Programme from 5 to 19 years. Follow link
- One Body, One Life – maternal and family weight management programme. Follow link
- Stop Smoking in Pregnancy – supporting pregnant women to stop smoking and maintain smoke free homes.
- MAMTA – providing information and advice to women who are new to this country or are from a black and minority ethnic groups around health pregnancies and how to look after the health of a baby.
As part of the new model a single point of access has been established and the service can be contacted on the following number: 02475189190.
Further information can also be found on the South Warwickshire Foundation Trust website
What we do
The aim of MAMTA is to improve Child and Maternal Health outcomes for BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) women in Coventry.
MAMTA staff :
- support antenatal clinics & postnatal clinics
- parent craft sessions at FWT
- work in partnership with midwives, health visiting teams and other health professionals in educating women on key health messages.
- work across community settings in target areas to educate women on child and maternal health, encourage women to access services and book early into maternity services.
70-72 Elmsdale Avenue, Foleshill, Coventry CV6 6ES
Tel: 024 7663 7693
For more information please visit the MAMTA website here.