Breastfeeding is a great way to get your baby off to the best start. It has all the nutrients your baby needs for the first 6 months, boosts a baby’s ability to fight illness and infection, and helps protect mums against breast and ovarian cancer, and much more.
Coventry Infant Feeding Team is here to help support you in deciding how to feed your baby.
Over the last few years, research has shown that breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed your baby. It can also help the mother’s health and is cost-effective and environmentally-friendly.
We aim to:
- Promote skin to skin
- Promote emotional attachment and bonding
- Help you understand responsive feeding
- Normalise breastfeeding
Our trained Peer Supporters do this through:
- One to one antenatal visits in your own home
- One to one postnatal visits – usually around day three
- Breastfeeding groups for meeting other mothers
- Infant Feeding Line Support, Monday – Friday 9.00am -5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am-1.00pm
For further information, advice and support please contact the Coventry Infant Feeding Team on 07904 984620.
Early breastfeeding support service
This service, provided in the North of the County and coming to Rugby in May, offers support to breastfeeding mums on discharge from hospital, up until the baby is 28 days old. It is free and can be booked via a heath visitor or midwife.