(Visited 400 times, 331 visits today)
About the Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Service
- Women’s and men’s musculoskeletal pelvic health conditions
- Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain and back pain.
- Postnatal diastasis rectus abdominus
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Bladder Urgency/frequency/urge incontinence (Over Active Bladder)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain of musculoskeletal origin
- Sexual dysfunction – may include dyspareunia, vestibulodynia and vulvodynia.
- Erectile dysfunction post surgery
- Bowel incontinence/dysfunction – after excluding serious pathology
- Post surgery – gynaecological , urological or colorectal.
- Post cancer treatment – breast cancer, gynaecological, urological or colorectal cancers.
- Neurological problems affecting the bladder eg Cauda equina consequences, MS, Parkinson’s and spinal cord injury
- Post prostatectomy urinary incontinence.
- Vaginal examination
- Anorectal examination
- Musculoskeletal assessment and treatment as indicated
- Bladder and bowel diary interpretation
- Bladder training
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise training
- Exercise based rehabilitation and manual therapy
- Neuromuscular stimulation (if patient has their own device)
- Patients registered with GPs outside Coventry
- Patients requiring surgical assessment
- Patients requiring pessary fitting
- Patients who are housebound
- If the patient requires pads please refer to the Community Continence Service
- Under 18 years old
- Patients requiring investigation by secondary care services
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Service waiting time is currently 11 weeks