Respiratory Diagnostic Service (Community Diagnostic Centre)
As part of the development of a community diagnostic centre, UHCW NHS Trust is launching a respiratory diagnostics service from February 2022. This is for Coventry registered patients initially.
Reasons for referral:
- Unexplained shortness of breath
- Unexplained cough
- Inconclusive spirometry (please include a copy of recent spirometry)
- Disproportionate breathlessness
- Abnormal CXR (not suspicious for cancer, TB or current infection)
- Suspicion of Asthma COPD Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
- Full Pulmonary Function (spirometry, lung volumes, gas transfer, FeNo, SpO2)
- Full Pulmonary Function and Bronchodilator Responsiveness
Pre Referral Considerations:
Please use referral form provided (see below and link right)
It is expected that all patients referred for respiratory diagnostics will already have undertaken spirometry testing.
Could symptoms be due to lung cancer or TB? (Consider red flag symptoms and a chest X-Ray).
Could symptoms relate to heart failure? (Consider chest X-ray and BNP).
Where asthma is suspected ensure spirometry with bronchodilator responsiveness has been performed.
Patients able to undertake capillary blood gas testing and/or six minute walk assessments.
GP and patient agree to onward referral to other UHCW Teams if clinically indicated.
Click on image or Referral Form Link right