Consultant Connect & Urgent Connect Pre-referral Advice & Guidance Telephone Service
Ophthalmology Photo Advice & Guidance
Ophthalmology Photo Advice & Guidance Service has been launched and supported by UHCW Monday-Friday 9am-7pm.
Select the PhotoSAF (camera icon) feature at the bottom of the screen to take photos via your phone.
Alternatively upload photos from your desktop via the Consultant Connect dashboard and use these to access Photo Advice & Guidance.
The service is IG secure and you can follow the simple onscreen instructions to take photos and send them directly to consultants. You will receive a notification when the consultant replies to your query.
Please note that photos are stored in a secure online cloud and are never saved to your phone. Your photos will also be automatically sent to your NHS email address. To find out more about Photo Advice & Guidance for Ophthalmology, read this guide below (click on image for full size version)
Click on above image for full size version
PLEASE REMEMBER to select the outcome at the end of your call; this assists us to assess a conclusion to your patient’s treatment. Options are as follows:-
- Referrals Avoided (press Opt 1)
- Referral Made (press Opt 2)
- Diagnostics Requested (press Opt 3)
- Admission Avoided (press Opt 4)
- Admission Made (press Opt 5)
Consultant Connect TeleDermatology
Select PhotoSAF (camera icon) at the bottom of the screen. All images will also be sent to your NHS email address along with a PDF summary.
To find out more about how to use TeleDermatology, click on the image below
When performing remote consultations you can now use the IG secure Consultant Connect Platform to upload photos from patients for specialist opinion:
- Click here for a step-by-step guide on how the service works.
- To help patients to take the best photos, please feel free to share this guide with them.
Earn CPD Points when you use the Consultant Connect App
Clinicians in Coventry and Rugby CCG and Warwickshire North CCG can now earn CPD points by using the Consultant Connect App for Advice & Guidance.
How to start earning CPD points
- Simply use the app to make a Telephone Advice & Guidance call or request written advice using the ‘Messages’ function.
- Call duration must be over 1.5 minutes.
- You must leave an outcome e.g. Referral Avoided. A pop-up message will remind you to leave the outcome when you end your call.
- Your call or message must be for specialist Advice & Guidance (e.g. not to confirm an admission or call to a switchboard).
- 6 calls/messages that meet the above criteria will earn you 1 CPD point.
Accessing your CPD points statement
- Log into the secure desktop platform using the same login details you use for the Consultant Connect App.
- Click on ‘Profile’ then ‘Download CPD points statement’ to download and view.
- Earning CPD points via the Consultant Connect App Guide
- Primary Care Start-Up Guide – to help you get started with using the Consultant Connect App
If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact:
Joanne Hardway Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01865 261467
Consultant Connect Updates