About the Service
To improve access to diagnostic tests NHS Coventry and Warwickshire ICB have commissioned a new provider to deliver GP direct access non obstetric community ultrasound.
Healthshare (www.healthshare.org.uk) are new providers of the service across Coventry, taking over from PML.
The service will start on the 1st February 2023 with referrals being accepted through e-RS from 17th January.
E-referral service (Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging Clinic Type: Ultrasound)
or by emailing email@example.com.
Locations in Coventry
Healthshare are planning to deliver services from the following locations (exact days for each clinic to be confirmed):
- Henley Green Medical Centre
- Forum Health Centre
- Cheylesmore Surgery
- Holbrooks Health Team
Healthshare will scan all registered patients over 18 suitable for the following scans:
- Upper/General abdominal ultrasound
- Non-obstetric pelvic ultrasound scans – including transabdominal and transvaginal
- Renal / bladder / prostate and post micturition volume scans
- Scrotal / testicular ultrasound scans
- Small parts – hernia/lumps
- Suspected cancer – to be referred via 2ww pathway
- Any potential clinically urgent condition or pathology (not cancer related)
- Obstetric care
- Ultrasound guided procedures
Scans excluded for: Breast, Cardiac Imaging, Chest, Ophthalmology, Superficial masses or lumps in the neck axilla or groin
- Under the age of 18
- Non-NHS Patients
- Investigation of any potential clinically urgent condition or pathology (not cancer related)
- Patient who cannot transfer to an examination table
- Patients with a body weight exceeding 150 kg
Healthshare will provide all scans within a maximum 6 weeks of referral
Waiting times are currently 2 weeks (May 2023)
Unless the referring GP specifically declines on the referral form, patients with abnormal scans requiring urgent attention, including potential cancers will be forwarded directly to an acute Trust, reducing GP workload and improving efficiency.
If you have any queries, please contact:
Kate Kitto Director of Partnerships
Tel: 07714 097839