Andrology Service, Centre for Reproductive Medicine UHCW NHS Trust.
This service is for male patients to produce their sample for fertility investigations – a seminal fluid analysis (SFA).
Due to the pandemic we have had to change the clinic for the protection of our patients and staff.
We are not accepting any walk-in appointments for SFAs and all patients are asked to arrange their own test and book an appointment.
- No referral forms are required. Patients must call the Appointment Booking Line Tel: 02476 96 88 73.
- Paperwork to be completed will be sent out along with the appointment letter to the patient
- The patient should source a sterile specimen container from their local chemist or GP or they can collect one prior to their appointment day from our main reception
- If the patient is unable to get through on the appointment line then they can leave a voicemail message and a member of the team will call them back.
- Patients are unable to produce a sample on site within the CRM – all samples for analysis must be produced at home.
- On the day of their appointment they must attend the CRM for their appointment time; if they are late we will refuse to accept the sample.
- If they are early we politely ask that they wait outside the unit until their allotted appointment time.
- They must bring the sample with them in a labelled with the completed paperwork.
- They will only be in the unit for less than 5 minutes as they only have to hand the sample in to the male specimen reception (first door on the left as they enter the CRM).
- A mask must be worn to deliver the sample.