TWO WEEK REFERRAL SERVICES – UROLOGY
Indications for an urgent referral for a suspected new malignancy in line with NICE Guidelines are:
- Macroscopic Haematuria in adults.
- Microscopic Haematuria in adults over 50 years.
- Swellings in the body of the testis.
- Palpable renal masses.
- Solid renal masses found on imaging.
- Raised serum PSA is indicated only for patients under 75 years with elevated age-specific PSA, or those over 75 years with PSA > 20mcg/l
- High PSA (>20NG/ML) in men with a clinically malignant prostate or bone pain.
- Any suspected penile cancer.
Pre-investigations required of G.P: P.S.A and Digital Rectal Examination (if appropriate)
NOTE: Patients who do not fit the above criteria and in whom there is a high clinical suspicion of malignancy please contact the respective clinician.
Consider handing the patient a Cancer Research UK Information Sheet – follow link
Two Week Wait referrals should now be processed through the NHS eReferral Service (previously known as Choose & Book)