Is IAPT right for me?
Yes, if you experience any of the following:
- Depression and low mood
- Panic attacks
…and you are:
- Ready to make changes in your life;
- Wanting to build on your strengths and learn new coping skills;
- Over 16 and registered with a GP in Coventry, Rugby, Solihull or Warwickshire.
How will it help me?
- You will be able to talk about your concerns; this may be by telephone or in person.
- You will be listened to without prejudice.
- You will have an opportunity to talk through issues you feel are important, and how these can be addressed.
You will be offered a choice of help that may include the following:
- Psychological Education materials and courses.
- Computerised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (cCBT)
- Guided self-help, helping you manage your symptoms.
- Group or individual therapy.
- Books on prescription and recommended helpful reading.
How soon will I get help?
We will take your details and if IAPT is right for you, we will offer you an assessment to discuss what will be most helpful. This first step will generally be a telephone appointment, so please let us know if this is a problem for you. Your telephone appointment will be within 28 days of your first call to the service.
Your local service
Our staff work across locality teams based in Coventry, Rugby, Solihull and Warwickshire.
This means we can provide you with help close to where you live. The service is run jointly by Coventry and
Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust and Coventry and Warwickshire MIND. All staff are trained in the use of psychological therapies.
Contact us on 024 7667 1090 or write to:
IAPT, Central Booking Service, City of Coventry Health Centre, Paybody Building, 2 Stoney Stanton Road, Coventry, CV1 4FS
The following link also has leaflets translated into Romanian, Urdu, Arabic, Gujrati, Polish and Punjabi: https://www.covwarkpt.nhs.uk/adult-information-leaflets